This post is merely an observation I have discovered over the last couple of days. I know how difficult the 2 ww can be, and by no means am trying to downplay the stress and agony that occurs each month. I am also speaking from a person who has never had to go through the hardships of IVF or IUI. This is just from my experience and am NOT trying to insult anyone. I realize waiting for labour is different as a baby is imminent.
As Dragon reaches 1 week over due, I have discovered many similarities between waiting for labour, and the 2 week wait:
- Sex - in both situations (well just before the 2 ww) you have copious amounts of sex (one to make baby, one to try and use prostagandins in seamen to get contractions starting) and if you don't have sex, you feel guilty. Maybe THIS TIME it will actually work.
- Vitamins/ herbs - in both situations you pump your body with vitamins and herbs to try and bring desired result
- Many visits to acupuncturist - during the 2ww I would go at least 1 or 2 a week. I have been going 1 or 2 x a week for over a month. I have bruises on my legs. I don't think it is working :(
- Over-analysing every twinge and ache and pain as if it could be something more
- Obsessively studying underware and tissue each time you use the bathroom to see if it gives any indication for what's to come (aunt flow, mucus plug etc)
- Emotionally drained
- Realizing that now matter what you do - the situation is beyond your control.
Given I went through over a year's worth of 2 ww - it is surprising how many emotions waiting for baby this last month has brought up. The inability to control a situation, no matter how much you want to, is very difficult. Each night, I go to bed thinking 'this could be it', only to wake up and have nothing happen. I realize that to get the BFP during the 2ww - I had to give up control. I'm now going to do that to see if it has any effect. I'm really trying to just relax (as hard as that is) and keep repeating to myself a healthy baby is all that matters. Induction/epidural/c-section whatever it takes, I need to be on board. I guess, having had so much difficulty getting to this point, it is really hard for me to give up control on my desire to have a natural labour.