Thursday, April 12, 2012

Heart Beat

I heard the heart beat today.  Dr warned me that it was still early and I wasn't to "freak out" (her exact words) if she couldn't find it.  She tried for what seemed like forever and told me that she keeps hearing it in and out and that she was convinced it was there - she just needed to convince me.  At that point in time I took a deep breath and as I let out the air, I heard it!!  I'm 11 weeks today based on my LMP so it is hit and miss.  She didn't record it or anything - so I don't know how fast its beating, but its there.  I'm relieved.  For now, Dragon is still with us!

Next ultrasound is April 24.  I'm hoping that we are almost out of the woods and things will be good from here on out. 

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that the most amazing sound ever? I'm so glad you were able to hear it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear this news!! Very very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting. Every time I hear it through the walls at my OBGYN I tear up a bit. It's just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations :) we got to hear our rainbow baby's heartbeat on Valentines Day - truly the best sound in the world!

    over from ICLW (http://gettingitsorted.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete