Tuesday, April 24, 2012

13 weeks!!

Well ultrasound today confirms it.  We are at 13 weeks!! (Well actually today's ultrasound dated Dragon 13 weeks and 1 day - 3 days ahead of schedule!!)

Everything was normal.  Size, shape organ development, fluid levels, nasal bone development.  Although I didn't have the IPS screening for Down Syndrome, what she could tell, everything looked fine.  I am relieved.  Baby was moving like crazy and it took forever for the tech to get the necessary shots.  I had to cough, move on my side, have her press on my uterus a few times to get Dragon to move to position.  Of course, when it was hubby and mine's time to see Dragon, (s)he was taking a nap!! LOL  We did see the mouth move and kick a bit - just not do the acrobatics the tech was describing during the ultrasound.

Since it is Infertility Awareness Week - I though I should post about it as well.  As stated in other posts, Infertility and Repeat Pregnancy losses has robbed me of my ability to enjoy and connect with this baby like I should be able to.  After the ultrasound, we went and looked at paint swatches as we will soon need to be getting the nursery painted as we want to paint before the heat of the summer hits.  As I stood looking at colours, I couldn't imagine myself having a baby to put into a nursery.  It just seems like a dream rather than a reality.  Infertility has robbed me of the ability to enjoy these milestones.  As a friend's sister is pregnant the same time as me, and as I hear how she is registering already and buying maternity clothes 3 weeks ago, I can't imagine doing this in fear of jinxing myself or allowing myself to believe this could happen.  It isn't fair.  I would love to be able to just say 'screw it' and forget about the past and simply enjoy these moments, however my history and anxiety do not allow me to do that quite yet.  Hopefully soon.  Infertility robs so many of us of so many things.  Bringing awareness to it all is such a difficult yet much needed event. 

So since I am ending the first trimester - I'll do the symptom list just because I haven't officially done it yet.

(Taken from The cornfed feminist)

Poop: better part of the week I have been quite regular - but have been hit with constipation throughout the pregnancy

Nausea:  Yes.  Usually throw up most mornings.  Diclectin knocks me out and makes me catatonic so I can't live a normal life.  I usually opt for the nausea over the catatonic state so I'm still struggling. 

Boobs: Tenderness has definitely subsided.  They are definitely fuller - not necessarily bigger.  Lefty has some nice veins for a few weeks now.  Righty is just starting to show veins. 

Acne: Nothing

Discharge:  Yup. Lots.  Nuff said 

Cravings: Nothing really screams out to me except a nice fresh bread sandwich.  I have dreams about eating fresh bread.  I'm still gluten free and gluten free bread is aweful so I wont subject myself to it.  I will eat a nice sandwich soon.  Starting to introduce wheat back into my diet little by little.    

Aversions: Anything I have to make.  Mostly Mexican.  Nachos/Tacos make me want to barf just thinking about them.

Libido: Non-existent.  Poor hubby :( 

Other:  My bump still is the same.  More present at night.  But I do have a tilted uterus and I am tall with a huge torso...so I know it will take time.  I can't WAIT to get a belly!!  I've lost 10 pounds this trimester...so I know I have a lot of time before I need maternity clothes.  But now that I'm out of danger zone (or almost) I think I may start wearing some for the fun of it.  2 friends just had babies and are willing to lend me some mat jeans that they can't wear...so I'm gonna get them Friday and see how they look :)

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!! 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on ending the first trimester with a healthy scan!

    Your friend is doing stuff crazy early! I'm 24 weeks and still haven't registered!

    Can't wait to see the bump soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's a wonderful ultrasound report! I'm currently 7 weeks and am still in a constant state of disbelief and anxiety. I was disappointed in myself at first that I couldn't be more excited but I've come to realize that I'm just not ready yet to allow myself to fully accept this and that is okay. Hope you get to enjoy this milestone - first trimester is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on starting your second trimester! I am so happy to hear your little one is doing wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from ICLW! Congrats on making it to 13 weeks! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right it's so unfair. But I think we do get an advantage in that we don't take a moment for granted. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your symptom list is cute - wish I had done something like that! LOL...

    YAY on 13 weeks!!!!! I know I always took a nice breath when passing 12 weeks successfully ...

    You are right - infertility robs you of a lot ... I was never comfortable or truly believed I would take a baby home until I did. Considering my very first pregnancy started out with a miscarriage and then I found out I was STILL pregnant and it had been twins... even with that pregnancy I was a nervous Nelly all through it. My pregnancy wasn't easy with any of my kids... and 14 miscarriages didn't ease any fears - for sure. Neither did finding out my kids had medical issues while I was pregnant with them :/

    Perusing your blog via ICLW (#86)

    ReplyDelete