Things are starting to fall into place and it is all very surreal!
As of tomorrow I'll be 21 weeks pregnant. After going to the OB on Thursday, I 'came-out' on Facebook and am now officially embracing this pregnancy. It feels good.
At a party last night, there were 3 new moms and 3 of us who were pregnant (one who could pop at any moment). It was pretty awesome sitting there chatting with these ladies and I feel ready to embrace everything and start actively planning and getting ready for Dragon.
Since I've been in denial for so long, or have become so overwhelmed with everything - I figure creating a list of things I need to do to get ready would be helpful. This way too - if there is anything missing the other experienced moms out there could maybe add to it and let me know what else I need to do. Of course, things will change - I know that. But I have to start somewhere right?!!?
1. Nursery preparation:
- painting is almost finished, Hubby just has to do touch-ups. Floor needs to be purchased and installed, baseboards up.
- we've started looking at furniture and have almost made some decisions
- Looking at wall-murals
2. Travel System research: a few weeks ago I began my search and became too overwhelmed. After last night and talking with some of the moms - I have a better idea of where to go and what to do. Looks like I have high tastes and am looking at a very expensive stroller. But I think it will be worth it. Hubby and I will go and look at it in more detail in the next couple of weeks.
3. Prenatal Classes- once again the mom advice was incredible. They suggested going over 6 weeks vs a weekend as the information is pretty overwhelming if you go for 2 days. I just booked the course starting on July 9 and going through Aug. 20. I know it will be early - but I figure it would be easier to have it through the summer when I'm off than doing it at the end when I'm going to be back at work.
4. Hospital registration and tour - booked for July 24
5. Register for our shower (which is already booked for Sept. 9)
- after shower putting baby stuff away and organizing will be on the list and will prolly have a list of itself :)
6. Clean out storage room - right now it is an absolute disaster and I want to clean it out and get rid of stuff that isn't needed as I'm sure we'll need storage for baby stuff down the line
7. Paying off some bills - my student loans are so close to be paid for, I want it gone! Also, knowing I'll be off on E.I for a year, we need to get a few financial things straightened out. Hence why I'll be teaching summer school again - this will help put us in a good position for the fall (here's hoping)
8. Research and create a short-list of names for boys. Our Girl names are set, but we are still nowhere close to coming up with boy names.
That's all I have for now - I guess it is a really broad list - but like I said, I need to start somewhere!