I did it - I went and visited the co-workers baby. She had a baby boy. He is beautiful. She is beautiful - a perfect mom. This was the baby that was due on the same day as my first pregnancy. I thought it would be tougher going to visit. She told us about her labour and how difficult it was. She explained how hard nursing was at first but now she has the hang of it. She said how fast time is going and she is in disbelief she hasn't left the house in 8 days and hearing about work actually made her sad that she isn't taking part in all of our 'excitement'. It wasn't until afterwards I realized the magnitude of my situation and how I can only hope I will get to experience certain things. Funny - some women lament about the pain of childbirth and difficulties of pregnancy. Here is list of things I would give my right arm to be able to experience someday:
- morning sickness - I wish I would throw up 3 times a day and experience the worst nausea in the world
- weight gain - bring it on!
- cravings - Mmmmmm Dairy.Queen!
- sore boobs
- big boobs - hubby would love this one too!
- labour - of any kind. Back labour, intense labour, crazy 36 hour labour. BRING.IT.ON!
- Sore, cracked nipples from nursing - nothing that Dr. Neuman's wont fix right?
- Sleepless nights - as long as I get to hold MY BABY I wont care
I could go on...but I think you get the picture. Talking to the new mom, she didn't quite understand how I will NEVER have sympathy as I would DIE to have that experience for myself.
I can only hope that one day, I will!