As one of my favourite bloggers wrote in her last entry, it isn't getting SPAM that is important, it's what you do with it. Kelle Hampton is an amazing woman who is truly inspirational. You can read her blog here. After reading her blog, I realize that I too need to make something from the SPAM I've been served.
So here is a list of things I'm truly grateful for:
- My Hubby - although some days it seems as though we waltz around each other, he is truly my best friend. We aren't the most romantic couple around, but given we have been together since we were 16 - we know each other so well. We've grown up together and he has been so good (mostly) in these last few months of hell. I am really grateful he's in my life.
- My friends- I am blessed with a great support group of friends. I know I have pushed many away in these last few weeks, however, with one small gesture on my end, I know they will be back in my life. It is hard to support someone in my situation - especially since many of them are currently pregnant or have young children themselves, however I am blessed with some really wonderful people in my life.
- My job - I teach students with Special Needs and I am so amazed at my students and the work I do. With my job, I have to opportunity to meet some incredibly inspirational people. Although everyday isn't easy - overall it is such an amazing job. My students give me so much joy.
- My co-workers - I am so lucky to work with some amazing people. Although one is pregnant causing me personal upheaval, she is one of the most remarkable people to work with. I am very lucky to have such a great team around me.
- My dogs - they drive me crazy, but I love them!
- My house - we bough our house from my father who inherited/purchased it from my grandparents when they moved to a retirement home. I love our house so much. We've done a lot of work updating it, but it is ours.
What are you thankful for? What tricks do you use to focus on the 'good' things in life and not dwell on the bad?